I just picked this lens up today from B&H Photo (which you have to visit if you haven't already, just for the experience). It's super cheap and loads of fun to play with. Working with a prime, I completely forgot what a zoom lens and started moving all around the room and crawling on the floor snapping pictures and enjoying that nice big aperture (the kit zoom lens you get with the Nikon D90 is f/5 at 35mm; this lens lets in almost 8x as much light!). I won't inflict any photos of Gus the 16lb cat on you guys, but here's a nice depth-of-field shot I took in the apartment I was visiting tonight.
- High in the sky
- Extreme fisheye lens
- Suhee from Seattle
- Macro photography on the cheap?
- This weekend it's the New York Photo Festival in D...
- Ed Kashi
- Telephoto F2 lens
- NYC Skyline
- I did some experiments in low light condition...
- Night photography & manual control
- Nikon's f/1.8 35mm lens
- Getting started
- Welcome to Intensively Digital
- ▼ May (13)